Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Last day of summer

To me, today is the last day of summer. It is the last day alone with the kids before we have family come in to help with the adjustment to my returning to work. Grayson begins school this month, kinder and this is it. No more free summers and life of preschool or nannies.....he is growing up.
Sophia will need to adjust to not being with me 24 hours a day, as it has been. I will need to adjust to not having her in my arms or smiling at me whenever I want. Last night she fell asleep in my arms, and I just sat there for a tiny bit of time and smelled her sweet breath and looked at her. The time has gone by fast, and my little ones are growing up.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about our babies growing up too fast. I wish that time would stand still in moments like the ones you wrote about.

    ReplyDelete