This summer has been one trip after another. Some trips were more relaxing than others, and some were about showing the kids things that are special to mommy.
The kids and I went to North Carolina and Virginia right after school got out for me. The weather was perfect here in Texas at that point, I always seem to screw up and get back to Texas during triple digits. But, then...we had our storms here which knocked down the entire fence. Which, ofcourse left Keith to repair.
Our first trip was NC. My mom and stepfather live there. They live on a private and quiet road, close to Chapel Hill. They have gardens and Grayson really enjoyed harvesting different fruits and vegetables while he was there. Grayson was such a big boy, putting on his deet, and sunscreen everytime he went out. He explained to me, "mommy...this is a berry..they are ok to eat...not poison", and showed me how to pick strawberries and lots of squash.
Sophia was totally engaged with the outside. I think I have a "tree hugger" here. She wanted to just RUN as fast as she could down those dirt roads....I am not quite sure where she was going, or what she thought she was going to.
We did our usual Southern Seasons shopping, and dinning at their restaurant. This meal was probably the worst I have ever had there. The Weathervane is usually one of the best places to eat..not this time.
We woke every morning to Grammy making some delicious breakfast, and Steven listening to some jazz. We went to bed each night relaxed and worn out...if we were lucky we even saw the deer come to get their drink of water from the pond before bedtime.
At night when Sophia would get me up, which was often at first. I would sit on the couch in their "big room" and see all the animals. I felt like Snow White. I would see deer, and coon, and ofcourse the cats. It always makes me relax a bit when I am there.
No comments:
Post a Comment