I have been a bit busy since October. My good friends give me grief for the lack of bloggin.....once again I remind them that they don't have two kids, well make that 3 (husbands do count as a child, we all know that) and just a crazy mess of stuff going on.
I have made a decision to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time now. I have signed up and paid my dues to do the 3 day walk. The next challenges are training, and raising the 2300 necessary to do the walk. Funny, who the heck would have thought you would need to pay close to 3k to walk 60 miles and sleep in a tent. The money all goes towards a great cause, and I am doing it for a lot of reasons.
Sophia, you are the main reason. Grayson, your wife and children are the reasons too. I hope that when you are my age, this walk is a thing of the past and you personally put your efforts into similar things for your children. That is what I tried to explain to my father today, in an email. I think the problem with some people is they cater to themselves too much. Not enough of giving to others. It isn't a religious thing for me....more of a human kind thing. Yes two words..
The walk and the journey of the walk will be wonderful. One of the greatest people I know is going to be by my side through this. Angie, my best fried and confidant. Comrade one could say. We will be going through all the aches and pains together. It could be pretty interesting and I imagine we will have some serious giggles at times. Walking with her doesn't drag by as it does when I go alone at 4am. When she and I walk and talk it flies by. I can only hope that when you both get older you have close friendships like the one I have with Auntie Angie..it really makes your world a better place. Don't forget that.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go Bree! Good post...and good blogging! Happy walking and increasing those miles on a daily basis. Oh...and I want some Os, so make me a special batch.
ReplyDeleteChaffing?????