Today at Tiger Tracks (Friday ritual at school) Coach O had us reflect on events that happened 8 years ago. Pretty amazing that our current 4th graders were only 2 at the time of those horrible events.
I think back at where I was, what I was doing and all the feelings our country was going through. Now, look 8 years later...we are still at war...and our contry is suffering in brand new ways. Employment rates are high, foreclosures are skyrocketing...and people are struggling.
Grayson and Sophia, there will be many hardships in your life. There are things that will be out of your control. What I hope I am able to do for you is prepare you for some of those times. Whether it be financial, or emotional...I hope to give you some of the tools so that you may work through them.
I have been very lucky to have had a work ethic that has guided me to do something I love. Right now, Grammie and I are discussing my going back to school to get my masters so that I can do more with my career. We both came to the realization that it just isn't the best time to do that. I have to take care of you both, and make sure you are ok before I can do that. Let's hope that when you are reading this, that I did get to do that though! (wink wink)
Grayson you had another great week of school! All stickers on your chart and no clip moves! WOW!! Your hair is growing in nicely from the lovely haircut you gave yourself. Yep...you tried your hand at being a hairstylist.....AGAIN.
Sophia, mommy watched you sleep last night. You called out for me and said "paci mommy, paci" when I went in..you were crying and I gave it to you. You fell right back to sleep. I don't think you were ever really up.
At night, we snuggle and you touch my face and say "hi momma..." it is so sweet and I cherish those times with you.
Awww. Love this post. Can't wait for Gracie to start talking to me. I hope she says things as sweet as Sophia does!
ReplyDelete