The other day I was home with both children, and it was a rainy day. I suddenly heard Sarah's song...In the Arms of An Angel...........and most of you know where this is going. That awful SPCA commercial was on. The one that most times I can't stand to even listen to, let alone watch. Well, Sophia did. I heard her start crying and was so emptionally devastated by the shots on the screen. She came to me, at 2 years old with the saddest look in her eyes and tears pouring down her cheeks.
She could barely make the words out to tell me about "the doggie with one eye" and "they help the kitty that was afraid mommy" Such a compassionate person at an early age.
After snuggling with her some, she went to the couch and gathered all four of my "other children" around her and gave them some love. I explained to her that mommy and daddy love animals too, that is why we have 4 dogs!
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment